Monday, January 21, 2008

Kinky y los TAXES..TAXES TAXES para todo!!

Colorado was warm today; Vail was warm today and I was happy, I have realized I definitely don’t like cold weathers. I was so happy when I was in Aruba or in Puerto Rico, complaining about the hot weather and not being able to walk without the sweat dripping down from your forehead but that’s exactly what I need now. The snow is driving me crazy.
My job is ok, the ladies I work with are every time more approachable and, I even started to have “conversations” with them, this situations you can picture them, mostly, with me nodding and smiling; and them complaining about how poor they are, or how much work they have, or how the boos doesn’t want to send the contract to Mexico for that nephew that lives in Parral that really needs an opportunity because he likes drinking too much.
As you can see I have nothing in common with this people and it hurts! Those conversations in my ears physically HURT. Most of them are nice, but there are things you just dislike, or try to put up with, as kind as you can. The fact that they don’t pay taxes is really freaking me out; for me half of my poor pay checks goes to taxes. Most of these ladies now are making more money than me; live in places much more cheaper than here where I live and THEY COMPLAIN.
You can say, well Kinky is complaining for nothing, you might by now be actually thinking that ME, as a legal hard-working American resident have some advantages compare to these people, well NOOOOO..I don’t, my insurance I paid it in Peru, it cost me a fortune and will last for the season that I have my current contract, as soon as it finishes I’ll be forced to pay like 100US for my health insurance that will be, of course, taken out from my poor pay check again, plus the usual taxes that I pay now.
In the place that I live I have no commodities yet, because of course I have to pay for them, besides my high price rent every month I realized I’ll be needing my internet (40US), my cable TV (30US), my land-line (50US) and, the cards for my mobile so I can text my friends back in Chile or Peru (or call guys that are totally not worth it when I get drunk on a Friday night).
In the meantime those people at work, they pay like 300US for an apartment where they usually live with 12 other people (make the maths), they have amazing TV theaters at home they brought from El Paso where, of course they don’t pay taxes. Sure they pay cable TV (sharing it out among all of the families in the house). They have internet because one pays the bill in the block while the rest just gives this person a little amount of money monthly so they can use the WI-FI or however it is they get connected.
The cost of living for them is so cheap; I feel so jealous sometimes I guess working “under the table” would be the perfect way to make money and travelling and do all the things that I want to do. But it’s just not me, everywhere I have been before I was living by the rules, under the law, all good and nice Kinky paid taxes and retirement insurance and all that shit. Maybe that’s the reason why I’m poor huh?.
Anyway, I have been offered by now the way to make money, don’t pay taxes and have a very relax working time: BABY SITTING… ok I know, taking care of other people’s kids may not be the way you guys have picture me before but, I have to give it a try, and as soon as I feel like killing a baby I promise I’ll quit right away. But who knows, I may even like it.
Today I found somebody on the MSN, he made me listen to a song called HALLELUJAH… or something like that; now I think I prefer Jeff Buckley’s version and I liked him too (what a cutty). Anyway, today while I was in the bus I got to listen to it really carefully and I guess he sings to a girl, or maybe to something he figured out made his life brighter and happier, I wish I had something to make my life brighter and happier. Who knows?, maybe baby sitting.

XD

No comments: