Monday, September 26, 2005

24 Year-old Girl Agony


24 year-old Girl Agony

I will try not to be cynical bug the fact that I’m almost 25 isn’t exactly what I was planning it would be. Most people I know think that because I’ll be 25 anytime soon I may be an adult but the moment I turned 24 my perspective of the world hadn’t changed that much actually.

I definetly have my visions. Dremans and goals about what I want within the next few years but I can’t say the confusion from my teenage era has dissapeared completely.

I’ve been thinking tha being an adult involve a lot of things such as saving, for instance, which I’m not good at all. My salary shares out among my rent, my clothing and my shoe adiction and obviously I consider that if you don’t own your place or are planning to do it as soon as possible, I’m sorry I cannot call you an adult.
How can I be an adult what I’m not chossy about who I date or go to bed with? I certainly don’t think of things with a view to marriage and nobody who I’m currently seeing seems to be that special someone that I’d like to be around all my life.

When I’m with a guy I tend to blind myself about the things that bug me in the early stages of the relationship and are normally those things that pissed me the most and make me end it up in really gross terms and afterwards I just can’t be my X’s friend.

An mature sefl-centered woman doesn’t ignore her guts or whenever she has a hunch, in my case, I barely have hunches and if I ever do they’re probably wrong. I live my life as if it was an adventure, in a “Forrest Gump” kind of way, where I never know what am I gonna get, and when things turn out bad I cry and hate myself for being such an idiot and naive.

My older brother and sister are so sure about their worth at work, they like their jobs and even though the might not be able to do all they want with what they earn, their debts and mortgages put them into the category of adults anyway.

As long as I’m concerned, by the way, I don’t work on what Im suppoused to and my university diploma by now is only used to look proudly hung on my paretns’ living room wall, so they can show it off, you know.
Don’t get me wrong though, I like my job and I’ve made quite well at ironing out those issues that I might not be happy with because I’ve realized this is where I’m gonna stay for a couple more years so I’ve handled my schedules of course to do all my favorite out-door activities from time to time, therefore, I love it.

I guess at this age I’m not able to give any kind of advices to anyone about anything but if I could mention something which I’ve learned during the last 25 years is to have fun and if you ask me to recomend something to an older person I’d say “enjoy life!!” because I may be lonely, I may moan about alomst everything and I may be green but I sure know how to have a good time.

No comments: