Monday, September 26, 2005

The pretty, the ugly and "The Reality of Life"

The pretty, the ugly and
“The Reality of Life”

They talk about Narcissus as the man who was so consumed about his own image that he drowned in it, but then I think perhaps he didn’t have good friends or caring family to tell him that he was ok so he would mirror a healthier image of himself.

In my case I guess is not as much as that, because of course I can see my friends or loved ones perfectly when it comes to physical appearance but not me.

The thing is that no matter how hard I look I ask myself, do I ever get to see myself clearly? Is my selfsteem so low that I depend on the others complements to feel a bit better about the way I look?

On the other hand, what happen with those who see themselves a little too clearly? Is that wrong? Or maybe they have heard so many times how awesome they look until they finally just believed it, maybe they used to be like me before they really understood the importance about high-selfsteem.

Anyway, we ought to admit that this is a bit dangerous because we might start feeling much more confident and sexy which will lead us to feel more comfortable. But we are humans and we are supposed to share with the rest of the world and we better handle this very carefully because the may not take it as good as we do.

What I mean is that we might end up making them uncomfortable and the next thing you know is that you’re a cocky full of yourself girl who thinks she is better than the other people. Considering other people’s feelings is always a nice measure to avoid the rest of making tacky comments about ourselves.

When you are not sixteen anymore, and your body or your looks are not the way to be accepted in the most high class or “coolest” of the groups you start to know the life as it is, “the reality of life” where people is different from those pictures on fashion magazines.

The truth is that are all our flaws which make us attractive or so much more beautiful, the thing is the world’s so ruled by beauty and fashion that we actually forget our “realselves” and when we fall down is very difficult to get up and go on with life feeling ok about yourself.

We have to learn how to look at ourselves clearly, even so, if you accept yourself, flaws and all, believe me… it makes you able to keep on walking on the rundown that is life, looking down at the public and feeling good about the real life.

No comments: