Monday, September 26, 2005

I need a man!!

Maybe I need a man

This has been possibly the longest weekend I've had in ages, I've worked a los in installing all the stuff in my new place and now that I realized I have to work tomorrow I 've got a slight headache.

My weekend started in a very active way, I went shopping to the hardware store so Icould get my ass to do all the things I was suppoused to, and eventhough I felt instigated by the fact everybody was in a couple.
Everywhere I looked couples, holding hands, shopping together, kissing, having fun and sharing laughs, anyway
they were were just being couples.

Then I started to think it had been ages since I last had that and as much as I love my independence and freedom I sometimes do miss some of those things. I remember I used to get frisky in public and loved those long passionated french kisses some of which were enough to make people feel uncomfortable passing by next to us.

We single girls get used too easily to be alone and normally revel in our singledom and carefree lives but then suddenly it comes to us that it would be nice to have a boyfriend. Then of course after we get one we're moaning or whining our respective partmers beacuase they don't call enough, the leave the toilet seat up, they don't treat us as we want them to.

I know our time will come... yadda yadda yadda... and to be honest we don't go out searching for it, but it would be nice to find some nice men, not assholes like our previous boyfriends because God knows we've had enough of them but decent men. And the fact that there are six women for every man in Antofagasta doesn't help either.

The thing is that in this awfull city the shortage of men makes twicest difficult to get one or even worst, a good one, whenever you go to a place where you might find a goodlooking charming guy they're being haunted by hundreds of women ho are in the same spot as we are.
So, "I need a man" I thought several times during the weekend when I went out searching for those things I mentioned I neededto et off in my place.

Once in the hardware store and after listening to the attendant questions I found out those aren't issues I've never even bothered to get to know in the past. I had to idea which kind of nail I should use for my walls, or what type of adaptor I'd like for my 2 prong-plug, or any of those difficult to remember names for those things you ought to get if you want to hang your freaking shelves on the wall. How was I suppoused to know they needed to be drilled into it anyway!! A couple of times came up to my mind why did it look like such a good idea to start with the whole thing in the first place, I wonder if a man has ever had this kind of thoughts at all.

It was always when I couldn't get the stupid light in the bathroom to work, reach for something really high up, pick up something heavy, kill an awfull insect, particularly spiders (they are everywhere aren't they?) or just moving things around when I thought it'd be great to have a guy and he would look so good laid on my bed programming the channels with the remote control so I don't have to do it myself, and among all those things having a relationship doesn't sound like a bad idea after all.

After this weekend I'm definetly back in the game and due to my mum's visit last week I must admit I don't have the best of the attitudes in this matter, I've just haven't seen much sunshine after my blue Jody period, sometimes so many dark clouds don't let you enhace the way to brightness again. But I promissed myself I'll start to look at the glass half full from now on.

No comments: